Subject: Interlibrary Loans
Contact: Jeff Zachwieja
Effective Date: July 12, 2000
Purpose: To clarify who is eligible to request interlibrary loans and which types of library materials
Scope: This policy applies to the entire Marygrove College community
Statement of Policy
- Interlibrary loan services are available to all students, faculty, staff, IHM, and alumni of Marygrove College. Proper identification may be required.
- Interlibrary loan services will normally be provided when comparable materials are not available at the Marygrove College Library.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to obtain any requested item. Availability of requested materials is determined by the lending library.
- Interlibrary loan services are provided at no charge to qualified library patrons, but any overdue fees or lost book charges are the responsibility of the patron making the request.
- The Marygrove College Library does not charge for interlibrary loans.
- Non-circulating items include: reference books, maps, video/audio tapes, CD-ROMs, periodical issues and bound volumes, microforms, and rare books.
- Loans are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Loaned materials may be renewed once for an additional loan period.
Date of latest revision: April 26, 2005