Public computer use
Subject: Public Computer Use
Contact: Jeff Zachwieja
Effective Date: March 29, 2000
Latest Revision: January 14, 2010
Purpose: To clarify (a) who may use the computers and wireless internet signal in the Library, and (b) how these resources may be used
Scope: This policy applies to the entire College community as well as our guest users
Statement of Policy
- The Marygrove College Computer Usage Policy applies to all public computers in the Marygrove Library.
- Marygrove College students, faculty, and staff have priority in the use of all applications.
- Marygrove College users may not login to more than one public computer at a time, and it is a violation of the Computer Usage Policy to share login information with other users.
- Guest user privileges are a courtesy only and are made available at the discretion of the Library Staff.
- Guest users are limited to a 30 minute time limit when others are waiting.
- Guest computer use privileges are extended to Marygrove College alumni, current Marygrove continuing education students (children under 18 must be with an adult guardian), and current college students at other institutions. Proper identification is required to use a computer or access the wireless internet signal:
Alumni: proof of graduation + picture I.D.
CE Students: proof of current registration
College students: current college I.D. or proof of current registration + picture I.D.
- Black and white printing is available from college computers but not personal laptops. Guest users must pay $0.10 per page. Student, faculty, and staff printing is automatically deducted from their individual Marygrove printing account.
- The Marygrove College Library reserves the right to limit access to any and all computerized information resources. The Library also reserves the right to revise the terms under which these resources may be used in the course of meeting the educational needs of Marygrove College students, faculty and staff, and the community.